The major pain in the ass of installing Gran Turismo 6.

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

The major pain in the ass of installing Gran Turismo 6.

Post by /p3 »

I watched some reviews of the game and it looks great so I picked it up. It has 21 updates, some of them are over 1GB in size which is nothing compared to newer games but we all know the PS3 is very slow downloading things even if you have decent Internet. So I downloaded them all which took a couple of hours, loaded the game to see a screen saying "installing content, time remaining 420 minutes". The timer is not accurate as it actually goes up and down. I left the console on overnight but it was still not done in the morning.

Apparently this is not the way to do it, who would have known? I deleted everything and now I'm downloading one update at a time, disabling my Internet connection and installing it in the game's menu. This is taking a long time.

I have sympathy for anyone else who wants to play GT6 in 2024. At least I know the game will be good.
submitted by /u/Beard_Of_Serpico
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... ling_gran/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”