Autoplay Tutorial for Added Games on the NES Classic

[Released: 2017] A successor to the NES Classic Edition, this remake comes with twenty-one Super NES titles pre-installed, including the official release of Star Fox 2.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

Autoplay Tutorial for Added Games on the NES Classic

Post by /classicSNESmini »

I've finally figured out how to make autoplay inputs for added games on the NES Classic, using the stock emulator. I've seen some other tutorials on how to do this, but are more complicated to do. Using some command lines and FTP/Telnet tools, here's how you can do it too! This was done using the latest version of Hakchi (CE v3.9.3). Make sure you do this by having your NES Classic powered by USB to your computer.
  • Make a save state at a certain point you want in your added game, whether it's the intro or a gameplay segment you wish to record.
  • In Hakchi, add the following commands to your game's command line. --record-inputs=./inputs.inputs --input-record-exit-frame=X Replace the X with any frame count you want, though the next step may render the exit frame irrelevant.
  • Start the save state you created, and either let it run on its own, or enter your own inputs. When you're finished, you can either hit the reset button, or wait until it reaches the desired frame you entered in Step 2.
  • After you've reset, DO NOT make a new save state. Going back to Hakchi, Open the telnet client, and put root in as the username. Next, enter this prompt. cd /var/saves/CLV-X-XXXXX/ Replace the Xs with the ID of the game you've added.
  • Entering the prompt takes you to your game's save folder, where the inputs are stored. Next, enter this prompt. cp /var/saves/CLV-X-XXXXX/X.state ./inputs.inputs.state Once again, replace the Xs with either the ID of your game, and the numbered state you saved. In this case, we'll go with 1, since it was saved in the first slot.
  • Going back to Hakchi, load up the Save state manager, select your game, and use FTP to get into the save folder. There, you'll see two files: inputs.inputs and inputs.inputs.state. Extract both of them to your game folder.
  • Make a folder titled autoplay (THE FOLDER MUST BE IN LOW CAPS), and paste them there. Rename inputs.inputs to 0.inputs, and inputs.inputs.state, to 0.inputs.state. If you have multiple autoplays you wish to record, just rename them to the next number up.
  • Sync the game again on your NES Classic, this time removing the two commands from the command line. Wait for it to play on Demo mode to make sure it works properly.
  • If it has loaded your autoplays, that ensures it worked!

This method may be convoluted for some, so I may get around to sharing custom Autoplays myself. That's the basic rundown of how you create custom Demos for your added games on the NES Classic.
submitted by /u/LongjumpingPitch6
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/RockinTheClass ... n_the_nes/
/classicSNESmini

Return to “SNES Classic Edition Forum”