Does anyone know? Multi-disc PSX saving not working.

[Released: 2017] A successor to the NES Classic Edition, this remake comes with twenty-one Super NES titles pre-installed, including the official release of Star Fox 2.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

Does anyone know? Multi-disc PSX saving not working.

Post by /classicSNESmini »

************SOLVED********

Read the reply for a solution to this problem.

Genesis Mini, Retroarch Ozone, PCSX Neon

Game Lunar 2 (PSX), added as a .m3u

Simple explanation: Any save I make while on disc 1 (either to the memory card or a save state), works just fine. But once you switch to disc 2, any save you make is gone after you quit retroarch. Only the saves you made for disc 1 will be there.

I have my saves in the USB drive (H:\hakchi\saves) and I can see the "modified date" on the memory card changes when I make a save while on disc 1. I also see the save states being created. But any save done on disc 2 is not reflected on the "saves" folder. No save states are created and the memory card file does not change its "modified" date.

To be clear, if I import a save from a PC emulator that's already on disc 2, I can load it fine. It's just that any save you make WHILE playing disc 2 will NOT BE RETAINED after you quit retroarch.

I've tried so many things and nothing works. Has anyone had the same problem?

Here's a save at the end of disc 1 if you want to test this yourself:

https://mega.nz/file/6ZQmnLiL#1kx10jPFw0cWtMEQdwCehcB5wFZEGUHhE9TBreaPV5k

1) Extract the files and put it wherever you have your Lunar 2 (PSX) save folder.

2) Pick continue and load the first memory card slot

3) Go down through the door to trigger a scene, when asked to insert disc 2, do so

4) When you can move again, open the game menu and save the game on any slot

5) Quit retroarch, boot the game and check the continue menu. Do you see the disc 2 save you made or does it only show the disc 1 saves?
submitted by /u/ReyVGM
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/RockinTheClass ... t_working/
/classicSNESmini

Return to “SNES Classic Edition Forum”