Need some 32X Troubleshooting Help!

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

Need some 32X Troubleshooting Help!

Post by /genesis »

Needing some help on my 32X I just bought (untested) in my tower of power! I am pretty knowledgeable with electronic repair and have plenty of rework tools. Please forgive me as my "Tower-Con" power supply & 32X patch cable and 32X capacitor kit hopefully arrive tomorrow. As of this post i am using original sega power supplies for powering all 3 units.

Looking to troubleshoot this 32X. Ive checked the unit over, no leaky or swollen caps, disconnected & re-attached ribbon cables. I know the patch cable is required, but I figured it would not cause buzzing when the AV is hooked to the genesis if this thing is working correctly. I am going to redo my tests with tower-con and patch cable when they arrive.

Here are my results via hooking it up ATM.

Sega Genesis = Works perfect

Sega Genesis & Sega CD = Works Perfect

Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD - AV hooked to 32X = Genesis power LED, No signs of CD life, No Audio, No Video (Clearly since patch not connected)

Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD - AV hooked to Genesis = Genesis power LED, No signs of CD life, No Video, 60hz Buzzing through speakers

Sega Genesis & 32X - AV hooked to 32X = Genesis power LED, No Audio, No Video (Clearly since patch not connected)

Sega Genesis & 32X - AV hooked to Genesis = Genesis power LED, No Video, 60hz Buzzing through speakers
submitted by /u/bumpnthump05
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SEGAGENESIS/co ... ting_help/
/genesis

Return to “Genesis Forum”