Sapphire and R4 issue with saves

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

Sapphire and R4 issue with saves

Post by /gameboy »

hi all, im in serious need of help this is driving me insane. so back along i bought a copy of pokemon sapphie. it does apear to be legit, i changed out the battery (that has since died) and played the game to completion.

then i linked it to colosseum with an unofficial cable and it deleted the save data, apparently that was the issue of the unofficial cable. no issue whatever.

since then i have been playing pokemon roms becuase these games are bloody expensive these days. i have backups of my saves and all that jazz. i am using an R4 card to backup my rom save into my sapphire copy so that i can send stuff up to gen 4 and beyond. however when i "restore the save" and then load up sapphire it deletes the save. i can start a new game and pkay it just fine so i presume this is an issue with my save file restoration. overall im just getting stressed with this ive been trying this project for years now but something always goes wrong
submitted by /u/Burgee283
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/commen ... ith_saves/
/gameboy

Return to “Game Boy Forum”