Considering a dev kit

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

Considering a dev kit

Post by /p3 »

I was recently offered a trade for a ps3 dev kit, it's the version that says "tool" (the picture is for context and isn't the actual unit I will be getting) I don't know a lot about the dev kits and have a few questions and worries.

Firstly I I am hoping to play ps2 and ps1 games on it (preferably if it supports burned disks). I saw on Wikipedia (I know, very reliable lol) that this model "doesn't support it with original firmware". Does this mean I can use modded firmware to enable it? If so where can I get that?

I also am wondering what other things about it give it a noticeable advantage over owning a normal ps3? I don't plan to play online.

Also is there anything I should know when purchasing, that the seller may not mention or is not aware of? I have heard that it is very smart to disassemble and clean and re-aply thermal compound, which I may do if yall actually recommend, (I'm definitely tech savvy enough)

Lastly the trade value of my item is around $300, would yall consider this a fair trade?
submitted by /u/Appropriate-Ad4834
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... a_dev_kit/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”