Playing the PlayStation 3 has been a blast!

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

Playing the PlayStation 3 has been a blast!

Post by /p3 »

So I've been playing my PS3 for over a month now(yeah im generations late but its all i can afford) so far I've played both good and bad games(in my opinions) and the experience was generally good, I came here for some discussion and recommendations for my future games. And since I just finished my 12th game, I figured its time to share my experience.

I have played the following:

The Last of Us - The best single player I've played so far, with the best storytelling I've seen in all my gaming history. Accompanied by excellent combat and visually stunninlg graphics, this is a 10/10 game that deserves all the praise, minus the clickers.

Resident Evil 5 - Hate it all you want, but two words, SPLIT SCREEN. This is me and my brother's first coop game ever, and it's actually great, it made us want to play more coop games in the future (can you recommend us some?). For the sheer happiness and bonding we felt together playing this game, it deserves 10/10

God of War 3 - Such an epic game with the best combat mechanics of all I've played so far. I blasted through this game in just 3 days on normal difficulty. I was at awe when the ending dropped so im giving this 9/10 because unfortunately there was an utter lack of epic bosses on the latter part of the story.

The Walking Dead Telltale - This is the game that brought me and my entire family in one sitting, playing this together, which is first in my experience, and absolutely amazing. Even though I thought the story was generic, the enjoyment itself speaks 8/10 for me.

Resident Evil HD Remaster - This is a classic, and the upgraded creepiness of the mansion really does it at night. There is nothing more to say other than nostalgic, and it's a solid 8/10

Tekken 6 - The ultimate fighting game to beat up my brothers in screen. But damn it they beat me instead. But it's no secret that we had fun playing this for hours and hours just beating each other. It's games like these we enjoy together as family that I truly consider great. 8/10 based on my experience

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Great Split screen but only 1 map and I'm not a fan of FPS games so 7/10

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Not good not bad, I didn't enjoy it because I dont like the genre and it hurt my head and eye when playing. But had its moments, 6/10

Red Dead Redemption - Although the best in terms of scenery and visuals, it was not for me at all. I did almost nothing amusing in the game other than killing flying birds with my Winchester, but its not the games fault at all, I just don't like it. More like I hate it, its too boring for me. 6/10 as well

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - It was good to play another fighting game with my family, but this game was just an alternative to Tekken 6 when we had enough tekken for the day. I'd say 5/10 because I love playing with my brothers but it's no good fighting game at all.

Uncharted Drakes Fortune - This is where it gets a little bit bad... This game was a pain to finish, as hordes and hordes of the same enemy with the same weapons keep flooding you every chapter with a very unsatisfying combat mechanics. Great music and scenery, and freaked me with a twist one time, but it did not live to its reputation. It killed my urge to play the other uncharted games even though I own them. Playing this did more harm than good. 4/10 in my opinion

Tales of Xillia - The worst of the worst. Absolutely nothing make sense in this game. The story is the worst in all media I've seen and it had a very awful english voice acting and shitty cast of characters, and these bothered me a lot. I played 20 hours of this shit before I decided to uninstall it and decide that I will never play JRPGs again on the PS3. 0/10

Based on my experience and opinions, do you have any thoughts ir criticisms? I'd also appreciate recommendations. Thank you for reading, I long for discussion.

Great day fellas,
submitted by /u/Redifu002
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... n_a_blast/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”