My Xbox 360 Elite

[Released: 2005] As the second console from Microsoft, the XBOX 360 completely sold out upon release in all regions except in Japan. About 33% of all consoles became defective making it the most unreliable console ever created.

/xB360
Corporate

My Xbox 360 Elite

Post by /xB360 »

Here is my poor beat to death 360. I got this at a flea market for free, and the guy told me it had "issues reading discs". I took it home and forgot about it for a few months u til recently where I bought a 203w power brick for it, thanks to some redditors! Now, to address the issue. I have the "open tray" error. I put a disc in, it clicks and then just says "open tray". If I put the disc in and out it works occasionally, and reads the disc just fine. I can't find any fixes for this online, and I can only assume the laser is going bad, or it needs lubricated. (Which I already checked, someone did lubricate it really messily, but it is lubed up.)

P.S. I didn't tear the case up like that, I actually know how to take them apart correctly unlike whomever owned it before me. Also, this is a Falcon motherboard revision.
submitted by /u/somedumbfurbrain
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox360/commen ... 360_elite/
/xB360

Return to “Xbox 360 Forum”