Do pay-to-play table tennis cabinets exist (Particularly coinop ones accepting quarters)?

A video game arcade cabinet, also known as a video arcade machine or video coin-op, is the housing within which a video arcade game's hardware resides. Most cabinets designed since the 1990's conform to the JAMMA wiring standard.

/Arcade
Bustin' Moves

Do pay-to-play table tennis cabinets exist (Particularly coinop ones accepting quarters)?

Post by /Arcade »

Considering table tennis has beocme so big enough that more and more bars are featuring a table or two and practically all sports clubs and more athletics focusedgyms and even university exercise facilities have one as do many community centers like the YMCA, I'm quite wondering if table tennis cabinets that you pay to use with money esp quarters are a thing? Since its become quite thenorm for billiards tables across places that aren't bars or dedicated billiards halls and private clubs the kind that requires quarters to be inserted in especially at bowling alleys and the remaining arcades that still accept quarters. Same with many public foosball tables and air hockey tables. Yesterday I learned that electronic darts cabinets that accept payments to use actually exist. Hell early karaoke machines in Japan required yYen coins and tehre are still pvery old stores and restaurants in Japan that have these. As well as South Korea having pay coin karaoke cabinets in malls and other mainstream public hangouts and venues during the 2010s which are still profitable enough that places still keep them running today.

So I'm really curious if coinops table tennis machines exists that swallow quarters to allow you a match with another person? Since this is a norm for many other bar games and arcade games on table machiens such as air hockey, foosball, and especially pool?
submitted by /u/CamelIllustrations
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/coinop/comment ... ets_exist/
/Arcade

Return to “Arcade Cabinet Forum”