New Galaga owner

A video game arcade cabinet, also known as a video arcade machine or video coin-op, is the housing within which a video arcade game's hardware resides. Most cabinets designed since the 1990's conform to the JAMMA wiring standard.

/Arcade
Bustin' Moves

New Galaga owner

Post by /Arcade »

New user here. Recently bought a Galaga cabinet and brought it home. Booted up, played great. I replaced the coin slot bulbs and the marquee light. With the marquee, I couldn't get the fluorescent to come on even after replacing the bulb and 1/2 amp slow blow fuse on the power supply board. I b ought an LED light bar and wired it into the two wires from the marquee molex plug that showed 120 VAC and left the third wire unattached. I buttoned everything back up and now when I boot the machine up, everything seems to work fine initially, but in less than a minute, the audio starts to get more and more distorted and the video starts getting blocks and distorted. There are lines coming out of the enemies when they move. Any idea what I did? I tried unplugging my new marquee light, but the symptoms persist.
submitted by /u/CoinOpGalagaGuy
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/coinop/comment ... aga_owner/
/Arcade

Return to “Arcade Cabinet Forum”