Is there such thing as pay-to-play dart machines including coin-operated ones? If so, how many of them are electronic?

A video game arcade cabinet, also known as a video arcade machine or video coin-op, is the housing within which a video arcade game's hardware resides. Most cabinets designed since the 1990's conform to the JAMMA wiring standard.

/Arcade
Bustin' Moves

Is there such thing as pay-to-play dart machines including coin-operated ones? If so, how many of them are electronic?

Post by /Arcade »

My bowling alley's billiard tables, foosball tables, and air hockey tables require you to insert coins to play. Ditto with the billiards table at my nearby bar. While the darts table at the bowling alley doesn't require any prior payment and anybody is free to come in and start throwing and this despite it being advanced enough to be electronic with multiple functions like lights and AI tfor specific games. WIth the bar at where I live, pretty much same with darts although its the old fashioned kind without functions like LED scoring. You don't even need to worry about buying drinks because the bartender is often to busy to notice you been playing darts for hours.

So I'm wondering if there were ever dart machines where you paid cash to be able to play esp with old fashioned coin slots for quarter payments? If they actually do exist, I'd assume most of them would bhav eelectronic functions like at least scoring maybe led and other lifghts flashing and perhaps even AI for more advanced games? I hoenstly am wondering since I never seen a darts device that require payment at a public lounge despite practically all table air hockey requires so and same with plenty of foosball and billiards tables across bars, arcades, restaurants, and bowling alleys.
submitted by /u/CamelIllustrations
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/coinop/comment ... _machines/
/Arcade

Return to “Arcade Cabinet Forum”