Brand used Samsung disc drive

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Brand used Samsung disc drive

Post by /xbox »

I recently purchased an Xbox with a bad disc drive and I went ahead and ordered a replacement Samsung drive from tinker mods. From my understanding, they replace all drive belts, but I’m not sure what’s done with the laser other than testing. According from their website they use the most beat up discs they have and test with it prior to sending out.

Well I received my replacement drive and installed it with no issues. And some games work fine. (She’s alive!!) Now some games work flawlessly but they have to be absolutely pristine. Most of my games are in great condition, others may have light scratches but it doesn’t stop my 360 from reading them. Infact, all the games that my og refuses to recognize will read just fine on my 360.

I kinda don’t know what to do here. Is it the drive? Is it the discs? Do I even think about taking apart the drive to inspect the laser? Idk. I’m thinking of starting off with grabbing a dvd drive cleaner disc and starting from there but I should assume that the drive should be completely clean being that they replaced all the belts.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my first step is contacting tinker mods and I have sent out a contact request. But they’re not great at responding.
submitted by /u/bassbawllin
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/c ... isc_drive/
/xbox

Return to “Xbox Forum”