My old GBA is beyond saving I think. (TW: Battery leakage)

[Released: 2001] Backward compatibility for Game Boy and Game Boy Color games is provided while a link port at the top of the unit allows it to be connected to other devices via use of a Nintendo Game Link cable or GameCube cable.

/gameboy
Corporate

My old GBA is beyond saving I think. (TW: Battery leakage)

Post by /gameboy »

Farewell my old friend... I really wished i could save you but I no longer think that I'm able to do it.

I found my old GBA from my youth. I always wanted to mod this little Fella, since it was my favorite Gameboy of all. But to my Horror I realized that young me never took out the battery...

It was hard to open it up since two of the screws were rusty. I had to cut the Shell at some parts, I wanted to get a new shell anyways. But now I can see the damage younger me has done with his forgetfulness and negligence.

The volume Wheel is rusty and doesn't move anymore, the headphone jack is corroded by the battery the way it looks and the start and select rubber was glued by the corrosion to the pcb surface, lifting it up damaged the surface and showed more corrosion underneath.

I would try to buy a new pcb, but my hands are to shaky for the soldering and I don't know anybody who could do it for me.

I'm really angry at myself right now.

I'm gonny keep it as a reminder for what I've done. Maybe I can even find someone who can do the soldering for me. But until then... Goodbye my old Friend.
submitted by /u/VogelScheuche91
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/commen ... w_battery/
/gameboy

Return to “Game Boy Advance Forum”