BlueRetro Core with Wii Adapter Power?

[Released: 2006] Along with early models being fully backward compatible with all Gamecube games, the system introduced the "Wii Remote" which added a physical side. The Wii has sold 100.04 million consoles worldwide.

GBAtemp
Corporate

BlueRetro Core with Wii Adapter Power?

Post by GBAtemp »

I have a BlueRetro Core I use for my GameCube, PS1, and other systems without any issue. I noticed when I got the Wii adapter it doesn't seem to power the core properly, as if it needs an external source. I did test it by plugging in my core to a micro usb and it works. Some people posted online where this happened with their PS2 as well, but then others claim it works fine. Is the Wii remote not able to output enough? My Pro controllers plug into the Wii Remote without issue, just this core...

Read more

Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/blueretro-c ... er.642234/
GBAtemp
ulao

Re: BlueRetro Core with Wii Adapter Power?

Post by ulao »

wow I had the same issue with my Bliss-Box Bridge. I guess its the same thing only not for BT, its a retro to retro adapter of sorts. When using any controller on a mini or wii mote, it sometimes needs more power.

I talked to the author and turns out a USB pass thru solves this. not sure that will work for a blue retro?

Return to “Wii Forum”