PICO GPIO pins issues

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

PICO GPIO pins issues

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Raspberry pico gpio help

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help with a project I’m working on. I have a typewriter (Olivetti ET60) and I want to be about to input plain text to my pico and output signals to various pins based on the character which will then engage a key press on the typewriter.

I’m fairly well versed in python but not electronics and although I’ve managed to map the keyboard matrix and engage single characters to initiate a key press using micro python.

As soon as I plug in more than 3 GPIO to each socket it not longer engages a key press even if a signal is sent. If I remove one pin from each and send the same pin.high() to two of the pins it then engages a key press again.

Am I missing something really simple here? Does the pico struggle to manage multiple GPIO outputs? What would be benefits of using a multiplexer over just running the cables directly to the ribbon socket?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
submitted by /u/Brief_Fault6223
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... ns_issues/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”