Pi400 sees wifi networks but won’t connect

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Pi400 sees wifi networks but won’t connect

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hi friends, I hope you can help me.

I’m not super experienced with Pi’s, but sometime ago I purchased one of the Pi400 kits because I figured that would be a good starting point to learn. I now have a problem that I have absolutely no idea how to figure out.

To put it simply: my Pi400 can see my home wifi networks, but it refuses to connect. Like it will just not do it. I’ll enter my security key and nothing happens, no warning or notification or anything. Also the wifi signal strength is very poor whereas all my other devices connect fine. On both the 2.4g and 5g networks. I’ve restarted my router, done updates on the PiOS and even reinstalled the OS and started fresh and still it refuses to connect.

I seriously have very little idea what to do, so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Pi400 connects to phone hotspot, and usb wifi dongle works fine. I'm unable to move the Pi closer to my router.
submitted by /u/CFGLiam
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... t_connect/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”