PS Vita Emulation/Roms help

[Released: 2012] As part of the PlayStation brand of gaming devices. In May 2013, Sony announced that all PlayStation 4 games would be compatible to be played through Remote Play on the PlayStation Vita.

/psvita
Bringin' the Pain

PS Vita Emulation/Roms help

Post by /psvita »

Hi all, I am new to emulating and I really haven't got any experience doing anything with consoles outside of their intended use so I am really out of my depth here but I recently followed the retro gaming corps tutorial on installing jailbreak stuff onto the vita with the hopes of getting PS1, PSP and PS Vita roms onto it.

The tutorial I followed was the recent update from this year where retro gaming corps showed how to do it all directly with the vita and no pc required. I followed the tutorial and it all seems to be working but I have two main queries:
  • Since running it I now have all these additional apps on the vita, I dont really know what they do, if they are needed or if they can be removed to save space. I am worried that deleting one of them will cause it to stop working and I will need to restart all over again. Of the following which ones can I remove? Custom Themes Manager, VitaShell, VitaDB Downloader, iTLS-Enso, enso, YAMT Installer, batteryFixer, PKGj, Save Manager, RegistryEditor, Adrenaline and Vita deploy.
  • Secondly, where do I save rom files/how do I get them onto the vita? Is there a way I can download these directly to the vita or will I need to do it on the pc first and transfer? Is it possible to have all the roms accessible on the home screen as apps like they were downloaded from the ps store or would I need to access any roms using some kind of root file access or something similar?

Sorry if these are obvious questions but I am not good with technology and this stuff. Thanks in advance for any help
submitted by /u/Catsonheat
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVitaHomebrew ... roms_help/

Return to “PlayStation Vita Forum”