Help! SNES Classic Keeps Powering Off If Moved.

[Released: 2017] A successor to the NES Classic Edition, this remake comes with twenty-one Super NES titles pre-installed, including the official release of Star Fox 2.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

Help! SNES Classic Keeps Powering Off If Moved.

Post by /classicSNESmini »

Howdy! We have an SNES Classic. I put Haxchi on it a few years ago. The cable has always been a little messed up but it has never had issues like this. We normally have the system sitting up on the bed so we can reset & rewind easy. If one of us moves, and the console shifts it will shut off. Which can be annoying if you haven’t saved in a second in the game that you are playing. It is a great system and I enjoy it a lot but it’s so annoying to play it and then lose your progress if it decides to shut off. I have no idea where the original USB wall adapter went. I do have the original cable. It is bent a little bit but works otherwise as long as you do not move the system. I am using an Apple USB wall adapter and I also have an LG wall adapter that I have used with it before. If I use any other cable with the SNES, it will not power on. The haxchi screen will show, depending on the cable it will shut off right after this screen shows, before you can even get to the menu or it will shut off right when you get taken to the menu. I want to know the best corse of action. I do not have the tools to open it up and I also do not know how to solder. The micro USB port looks fine on the system. Would buying a new cord for the SNES classic off of nintendos website fix the issue? Would I need to take this to a repair shop for them to re-solder the connections?
submitted by /u/Princess_420x
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/snesclassicmod ... _if_moved/
/classicSNESmini

Return to “SNES Classic Edition Forum”