N64 console/games problem.

[Released: 1996] The console's design was revealed to the public for the first time in late Spring 1994. The N64 console was frequently marketed as the world's first 64-bit gaming system and sold 500,000 units in North America during its first four months.

/n64
Corporate

N64 console/games problem.

Post by /n64 »

I had a N64 console, bunch of controllers and bunch of games when I was younger. I only have one controller and NHL 99 left to show for it. I've always wanted to buy one but couldn't see myself using it enough to justify buying one. I work in cement so I go to a lot of houses and on this particular day, it was garbage day, alot of stuff just laying around and the house I was working at had an N64 console with an expansion pak just sitting on top of the trash can. It was dirty but didn't look half bad so I took it home. I gave it a quick clean and plugged it up and put it in NHL 99 and it worked to my surprised. The next day I went to a retro gaming store and bought MK64, smash and Pokemon stadium. To my surprise none of the games worked. All the games would show a black screen and occasionally play the music on and off. The games were pretty dirty and so was my console, so I took everything to another store to get it cleaned. They cleaned everything up very good, showed me before and after pictures and even told me that they checked and played every game for a bit to make sure it worked. I got home plugged everything up and the games still didn't work. It would do the same thing, just show a black screen and occasionally play the music on and off. The only game the worked before and after the clean was NHL 99. I simply don't get it. Maybe I have to use to regular pak instead of expansion pak? I really don't get it, but if anyone has any idea to fix this I would really appreciate the help😭. (Sorry for the long story.)
submitted by /u/jose_llanas
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/n64/comments/1 ... s_problem/
/n64

Return to “Nintendo 64 Forum”