N64 only displays black/white

[Released: 1996] The console's design was revealed to the public for the first time in late Spring 1994. The N64 console was frequently marketed as the world's first 64-bit gaming system and sold 500,000 units in North America during its first four months.

/n64
Corporate

N64 only displays black/white

Post by /n64 »

I recently picked up a second N64 from a yard sale for cheap, and the seller said that it works fine but only plays in black and white. I bought it anyways, did some googling as to why it would be that way, and concluded he probably just had an issue hooking it up correctly in relation to composite/component inputs. I have my own personal N64 at home that runs perfectly fine in color, so I left all cabling as is and just swapped the consoles to see and found it does in fact only play in black and white.

In light of this I know it's something specific to the console itself, but I can't find anything through google/reddit as to what would cause it to display like this if it's not a composite/component issue. Has anyone run into something like this before or know how I can diagnose/fix this?
submitted by /u/CagingTheLion
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/n64/comments/1 ... lackwhite/
/n64

Return to “Nintendo 64 Forum”