Visiting the Krakow Arcade Museum & Krakow Pinball Museum in Poland

Find the most informative FAQ & Video library and member reviews.

Retro Garden
Super Saiyan

Visiting the Krakow Arcade Museum & Krakow Pinball Museum in Poland

Post by Retro Garden »

I’ve previously on this site written about my visit to the Krakow Pinball Museum in 2016. However since then we’ve been through a lot and like a lot of other businesses I was concerned if it had survived the pandemic. Well – thankfully – it’s not only survived but it has thrived. It’s now twice as big as what it was in 2016, and has a brand new site located on the outskirts of the city. The Krakow Arcade Museum features more arcade games, as opposed to pinball machines.

The video is more of a vlog to share my thoughts on the place, as well as sharing some of the cool cabinets and pinball machines in there.

Should you go to either the pinball museum or the arcade museum? I would say yes. If you’re a retro video game fan and find yourself in the Polish city of Krakow I’d highly recommend going. They’re great places to kill an afternoon (especially as when I went it was over 35 degrees and both were cool and dark!). If I had to choose between both I’d probably go for the pinball museum, purely because it is in the tourist area of the city and also you’re less likely to see these machines at home. You’re not going to get a fully working pinball machine on a Raspberry Pi, are you?
Krakow Arcade Museum & Krakow Pinball Museum Gallery
Here are some pictures I took in the Krakow Pinball Museum and the Krakow Arcade Museum.

How long do you need in the Krakow Arcade Museum & Krakow Pinball Museum?
I was in the arcade museum for approximately 3 hours, over lunch. I probably could have stayed there longer but I’m one of these people who can quite happily spend 10 hours in Arcade Club. The pinball museum I spent approximately 4 hours at in the early evening.
How much are the Krakow Arcade Museum & Krakow Pinball Museum?
With both sites I paid 60zl (which is about £10) for entry. That gives me unlimited access to the venue for the day. If you only wanted to stay for one hour it’ll be 40zl, so you can see the day ticket is a lot better value. They do discounts for students, family tickets and under 18’s as well. I seem to remember limited food & refreshments, but beers came to about 10zl. There is also merchandise available.
Where can I find out more information about Krakow Arcade Museum & Krakow Pinball Museum?
You can find more information on the Krakow Pinball Museum website and the Krakow Arcade Museum website. At the time of writing the Pinball Museum’s website has a broken English site.

The post Visiting the Krakow Arcade Museum & Krakow Pinball Museum in Poland appeared first on Retro Garden.

Source: https://www.retrogarden.co.uk/features/ ... in-poland/
Retro Garden

Return to “FAQs, Reviews, & Guides”