Welcome to the New Garden

Find the most informative FAQ & Video library and member reviews.

Retro Garden
Super Saiyan

Welcome to the New Garden

Post by Retro Garden »

Hello! It’s Been a while hasn’t it?

So I’m delighted to announce that today is a relaunch of Retro Garden. It’s always something I’ve wanted to do, as my love for retro has grown exponentially since I started this blog, so I thought I’d give it a brand new coat of paint and a new look. Here’s what’s new.
Twitch Integration
I’ve become a bit of a Twitch streamer since the last time I’ve written a blog post on the site. So I’ve prominently featured my Twitch account. If you come to the site when I’m live, you’ll be able to tune in. I’m usually playing retro stuff, so it’ll be on brand!
Actual Split Sections
I felt things were a bit clustered at the top of the site, with streams and streams of posts. So I’ve split things into a few sections, first is the reviews (which has always been a feature of this site, as I want people talking about games).  The second section is the features, and finally the News. I hope to expand the features to maybe include video content. We’ll see, but I do enjoy writing about video games, particularly classic video games, so we’ll see how we get on.
Easier To Manage
Peeling behind the curtain, this site is built on WordPress, a content management system. Professionally I’m a WordPress web developer, so overtime both the platform and my own skills have become stronger. Did you know when we first started including “Featured Images” in posts wasn’t a thing? So we hacked together various solutions that are now publicly available and integrated into core.

As such, this new design has those modern integrated features in bucketloads, meaning that the site can focus on what matters – video games.

I’m slowly converting old posts to the new style, so please bear this in mind as you browse the site, as things may look a bit off.
Have a Mooch!
Have a mooch around the site and let me know what you think! Spot anything odd? Do please contact me.

The post Welcome to the New Garden appeared first on Retro Garden.

Source: https://www.retrogarden.co.uk/features/ ... ew-garden/
Retro Garden

Return to “FAQs, Reviews, & Guides”