The world of Sonic 2012

Show off your custom inserts, modified cases and systems.

DeviantArt
Bustin' Moves

The world of Sonic 2012

Post by DeviantArt »

This is my biggest Sonic artwork of this year.
I gather and hand-picked characters that I felt like drawing from different universes of Sonic and drew them more or less in my style.
This was one of the few times I inked directly on computer... given the number of characters, I knew my hand would get tired quickly and then I'd be prone to trace bad lines... and that's where "UNDO" comes in handy. Image
I tried to avoid giving two characters the same pose and it kinda worked out... or at least, characters who have the same pose more or less are reasonably far from each other. Image

Shade was a last minute addition. It was supposed to be the "Sonic sister" from a canceled Sonic game, but I scrapped it since she was WAY to unrecognizable (plus no colored pic to use as a reference) so I put in Shade instead. And she turned out better than I expected!

The one character that I'm the most satisfied in terms of pose, colors and style is Tekno the Canary. :3

Some you'll recognize, some you won't, but none of them is an OC and they all come from an official Sonic medium, manga, comic or game.
Enjoy guessing all of them. Image
I might list the names later on!

I also slipped in a small reference to the manga Fist of the North Star in one of the characters' poses. :3

Song of Inspiration: "Lorelei no Shi" (opening of Shining Blade)

LIST OF CHARACTERS Image
Line 1: Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Cream/Cheese, Espio, Mighty, VEctor, Tikal, Charmy, Silver, RAy, Blaze, Big, Marine, Chip.
Line 2: Vanilla, Bean, Nack/Fang, Bark, Metal Sonic, Heavy/Bomb, Jet, Cosmo, Shade, Nicky, Anita, Paulie, Brenda, Anton, Sally, Bunnie, Antoine, Rotor.
Line 3: Chuck, Mina, Julie-Su, Hershey, Geoffrey, Drago, Locke, Lara-Su, Scourge, Fiona, Johnny, Tekno, Porker, Zachary, Shortfuse, Manic, Sonia, Aleena.

More...

Return to “Custom Ideas”