Memory Stick Slot issue

[Released: 2004] The PSP is the only handheld console to use an optical disc format as its primary storage medium. Other distinguishing features of the console include its large viewing screen and robust multi-media capabilities.

/psp
Corporate

Memory Stick Slot issue

Post by /psp »

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] Image [/TD]
[TD] Hi everyone, have a question here regarding the Memory Stick Slot Replacement.
I've ran into this common memory stick issue (from the other reddit post), and basically there're 2 fixes: make a card thicker by adding some tape on the side of the memory stick to get better connection with the slot OR really fixing the issue and checking inside.I really would like to fix this altogether, but all the tutorials and people's suggestions aren't really clear to me. So here are the question, I would really appreciate someone taking a minute explaining these couple of things:
  1. Most people are saying that this is bent pin or loose connection of contacts. "you can try to lift the pins up a bit so it's connecting closer to the card". Which pins and contacts is he talking about, I assume - this?
  2. There's also a tutorial on ifixit. The question here, what exactly is he replacing? I see that the memory stick socket slot is under the logic board, so why did he stop there? What exactly should I clean or check the connection of, this thing on top or the memory stick socket?

isn't this a memory stick slot?

do I need to check the connection here?

submitted by /u/dh0002x
[link] [comments] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

More...

Return to “PlayStation Portable Forum”