Sgdk/lua ???

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

Sgdk/lua ???

Post by /genesis »

Hello,
Thank you to any of you who read this post. I truly appreciate your time. I have recently decided to start coding; looking to eventually compose a Sega Genesis game and have looked into SGDK and C language. I bought the K&R book and watched some videos and had a hard time jumping into C. It was just a bit too sophisticated of a language for me to start and wrap my brain around at the time. I put it on the shelf and told myself to come back to this. I will.
Upon further research to find something bit more elementary and simple I stumbled across Lua and Love2D. I have enrolled in the CS50 program 'Intro to Game Development' which focuses on Lua and Love2D. I bought a Lua book and have been having a much smoother time with the theory of the language and programming itself. Theory is important to me as I like to apply it to whatever craft I am involved in.
My question to you, and I will post this on several other forums is, Since Lua is rooted in C and has C flavorings and ultimately was designed to be integrated into a C program. Can I use SGDK strictly coding in Lua? And If I use C in SGDK, can I integrate Lua into the C code and it will run as it should? If anyone has any insight to this I would greatly appreciate their input. Thank you all once again.
- TDG

submitted by /u/TongaDeathGrip
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Genesis Forum”