GBA AGB: Rechargable Batteries or USB-C mod?

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

GBA AGB: Rechargable Batteries or USB-C mod?

Post by /gameboy »

I’m very interested in being able to charge a GBA via USB-C but I read that this may or may not have some risks, so I wanted to know what these risks are if there is any. As far as the battery mod, I plan on picking up Retro Modding’s version along with a pre-cut battery door.
The shell I have seems to already have the cuts made so essentially this would be a drop in solution which is fine. Anyways though, when it comes to safety & risks in the long run, would it be better to go with this mod or should I get rechargable batteries? Again, doing the mod itself won’t be a challenge I just wanna make sure this doesn’t fry my GBA one day.
Also, I don’t know (or even think) there’s any USB-C or charging mods in general for the DMG or GBC but if there are I’d like to know about them as well as the same questions I have regarding this topic.

submitted by /u/CovertForeign
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Game Boy Forum”