Need help with CD-R Disks burning speed

[Released: 1994] Sony entered into an agreement with Nintendo to develop a CD-ROM attachment, for the Super Nintendo. Due to contractual problems it was never released, and instead, a modified version was introduced by Sony called the PlayStation.

/playstation
Corporate

Need help with CD-R Disks burning speed

Post by /playstation »

Hello! I'm new to burning games on CD-R disks for the PS1. I'll try to make it short:
So far I managed to use ImgBurn (latest release 2015 version), and burn Lunar 2: Eternal Blue and Breath of Fire 3, and they booted up perfectly no issues on the console (using a slim PS1). I've used MAX speed for those, as on youtube a lot of guides say that max speed is fine for most games.
HOWEVER, some people say it's more important to do lowest speed possible. So I tried burning Breath of Fire 4, at x4 speed (lowest my CD-R disk can support). Burned successfully, didn't boot. Wtf?
I'm not sure anymore what speed I should do it with. I thought of getting CD-RW instead, cuz losing disks on failures sucks big time. I've heard that lowest speed helps the laser-reader to not force itself, but this time it completely did the opposite. Should I stick to max speed?
So... what gives?
PS: I use Verbatim CD-R brand btw.

submitted by /u/Devkn1ght
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation 1 Forum”