Used the Project Eris Desktop App for the first time and it screwed everything up. Can't figure it out.

[Released: 2019] The PlayStation Classic is a dedicated video game console by Sony Interactive Entertainment that emulates games originally released on its 1994 PlayStation console.

/psxclassic
Corporate

Used the Project Eris Desktop App for the first time and it screwed everything up. Can't figure it out.

Post by /psxclassic »

I hacked my PSClassic when I first got it in 2020 with Project Eris 9.5 and never updated or used the desktop app when it released. Since I've started using it again, I figured it was a good time to try out the desktop app. I put my drive into the computer and opened it with the app. I think it sorted and renamed all of the folders I had in my games folder on my drive so that they would be in alphabetical order. I ended up not pressing the Generate Database button because I didn't want to mess with any of the "errors" listed with my games. I closed the app and ejected my drive and put it back into the PSClassic and now everything is messed up. The majority of the games don't have their box art loaded, none of the save states match up with their respective game, and I can't boot any game up that isn't one of the 20 originals. What happened? Would Generating the Database fix this? I'm afraid to mess around with it because I don't want to lose my game saves.
I also take issue with some of the "errors" that the app lists.
  1. I use .iso files for some of my games. Why is that a problem? The games run fine so why do I have to have Cue, Pbp, Imd, or Chd files in the folder?
  2. I cannot figure out the comma situation. I watched a video where someone used the edit game and box art button to get the info from PSXDataCenter but then I do that, and there's a bunch of other errors. The img files not matching or that the .bin isn't used by any cue files or it "wants a file not found:" then lists the name of the game file WITH THE COMMAS IN THE NAME. I have no idea what to do here.
Obviously, I should have made a backup before messing with anything, but I seriously didn't expect the desktop app to completely screw everything up. I don't want to lose my saves on my ISO games like Harvest Moon, or games that I screwed up in an attempt to fix the comma error. If anyone can offer up some help, I'd really appreciate it. I'm backing up now so I don't lose any of my save files.

submitted by /u/shuhmayluh
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation Classic Forum”