Kinda Pissed At My “Newâ€Â￾ Xbox One

[Released: 2013] Moving away from its predecessor's PowerPC-based architecture, the Xbox One marks a shift back to the x86 architecture used in the original Xbox; it features an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) built around the x86-64 instruction set.

/xboxone
Corporate

Kinda Pissed At My “Newâ€￾ Xbox One

Post by /xboxone »

My GF recently got a used, “like newâ€￾ condition Xbox about 5 months ago. I’m not a huge Microsoft gamer man so I don’t play many games on it. My girlfriend only uses it to run either very low demanding games (some indie games and some couch multiplayer stuff sometimes) or video streaming platforms. Essentially, we don’t overwhelm the thing and never have. It took me ages to getting to set it up, so it’s only been plugged in for about 4 months. After the first month, the fan inside the power brick started making the worst fan rattle I have ever heard. It was so ****ing loud, I could hear it though headphones, through my closed bedroom door, literally everywhere I went unless it was unplugged, I could hear it inside my apartment. Getting sick of that after the first day, my gf and I managed to finagle a way where we could get the fan to stop if we unplug it and plug it back in, then place the power brick on a specific side at juuuuuust the right angle. I woke up this morning to more fan noise, fine, I’ll do the routine to shut it up. No matter what, it would not shut up. After the 5th time replugging it back in, the LED indicator flashed once orange, just for the briefest of seconds, then the power box sputtered, then died. It has been 4 months and I’m already needing to buy replacement parts for this thing? What the ****? I’ve seen Xbox’s having problems with fan noise in the past, but has anyone else had their entire brick **** the bed because of a ****ing noisy fan? I just got this thing? Is it my fault because it’s used? If that’s the case ima burn down a GameStop.

submitted by /u/UnSamitary
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox One Forum”