PS2 Audio / Sound Files (Experienced Only)

[Released: 2000] The PS2 was video game console of all time, selling over 150 million units. More than 3,800 game titles have been released for the PS2 since launch, and more than 1.5 billion copies have been sold.

/playstation2
Corporate

PS2 Audio / Sound Files (Experienced Only)

Post by /playstation2 »

Asking anyone with experience, any professionals or semi professionals. What is the most optimal workflow as far as getting good, clean extractions / rips of audio files from PS2 games? I already have some experience in doing this. I’ve used the program Psound a number of times. Problem is, it only works about 30% of the time. I have also used a program called ADPCM player. This tool seems to be much more reliable than Psound as far as getting obtaining the PS2 audio files (I forget the name of the file extension off the top of my head). But, the problem with this tool is that all the audio files are interleaved, and It’s damn near impossible (for me at least), to find the right interleave. I’ve researched this in the past and have found methods that include searching for bytes of data using Hex editors, but this rarely worked for the games I was doing. Maybe for sound effects, but not so much actual music. I’ve also researched using an apparently common program known as VGMStream, but there aren’t really any tutorials that describe detailed processes on how to do this, at least not that I’ve seen. Any solid information is appreciated, even if it’s just on a way to find the correct interleave of a file as that is the main problem. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/vnov93
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation 2 Forum”