Sega Newbie - What Games Should I Start With on the Genesis Mini 2?

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

Sega Newbie - What Games Should I Start With on the Genesis Mini 2?

Post by /genesis »

I was always a Nintendo/Sony fan growing up, so I never owned a Sega system. I've been more interested in some of their retro lineup lately though, so I ended up picking up the Genesis Mini 2. I mainly did it for some of the RPGs that are tough to get otherwise, but I'd like to try out some of the other games as well. Are there any games on it you'd all recommend to someone totally new to this library? I've tried a few out already, but having 60 games to choose from right off the bat is making it hard to decide what to try and stick to. Outside of RPGs (I definitely want to play all the ones on the system), I mainly enjoy platformers and horror games, but I'm pretty open to most genres. I will say I tried some of the later Sonic games on GBA and PS2 when I was younger and didn't like those, though I'm kind of wondering if I should give the series another shot with the ones on here. So yeah, any suggestions for someone looking to get a good intro to the Genesis' lineup going off of the Mini 2's library? I also have the Switch Online Genesis app if there are any games I should play on there first. Thanks for the help!

submitted by /u/CuriousMelia
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Genesis Forum”