What's your first memories of the original xbox? First experience? the killer app that made you want it right there?

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

What's your first memories of the original xbox? First experience? the killer app that made you want it right there?

Post by /xbox »

An old store in Scotland called gforce was my local game shop which sadly doesn't exist anymore is where I went to buy, trade and swap my games and I remember going in one day and there was a kiosk for the xbox.
I remember playing halo and thinking that this was the most beautiful game ever and I had to have it, funny enough when there is a kiosk I usually play it for around 5 minutes at the most but I ended up playing the whole demo for halo twice that day and luckily I knew the guy who worked there so he let me instead of throwing me out.
I got a job not long after that and the day I got paid i traded in my ps2 with 10 games and bought a new xbox with halo, dead or alive 3 and ralisport challenge and to me that was the best trade ever and I had no regrets whatsoever, my friends were so jealous that they begged their parents and eventually got one.
Me and my friend played through halo on coop so many times and had an absolute blast playing on all the different difficulties and trying to get outside the maps.
I still have a og xbox(not the original one I bought back in 02) who h is modded with 90% of the library installed so I can relive my memories anytime I choose and its a overwhelming experience everytime I fire it up and decide to play halo, halo 2, fable, sudeki, ralisport challenge, farcry Instincts, the og xbox has 12 star wars games ang imo the best ones.
Let me know down below what's your memories of the amazing og xbox and hopefully they are good ones.

submitted by /u/ComfortableAmount993
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”