Overzealous Mistake made to Xbox

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Overzealous Mistake made to Xbox

Post by /xbox »

Hey everyone, I am a bit of a noob and made a mistake this afternoon. Being super excited for insignia, I turned on my softmodded Xbox and started the configuration process. I noticed that my HDD key was NULLed (32 0s). I remember installing a 2TB hard drive myself three years ago and during the process I had NULLed the key. After minimal research I made the mistake of booting up configmagic and selecting “unlock HDDâ€￾ from the menu and then changing the “Unique HDD Keyâ€￾ to 32 1s. After the change I selected “Lock HDDâ€￾ (which I believe to be the error I made at the end). I restarted the console and got the Service Required page (no code). Did I not save correctly? Did I just brick my hard drive? What’s the best process to recovery? I have EEPROM backed up and I am not opposed to bringing it in to install a ModChip professionally. Suggestions appreciated. Sorry for being really dumb.

submitted by /u/camo_magic
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”