Castlevania legacy of darkness is the best Castlevania game period!!!

[Released: 1996] The console's design was revealed to the public for the first time in late Spring 1994. The N64 console was frequently marketed as the world's first 64-bit gaming system and sold 500,000 units in North America during its first four months.

/n64
Corporate

Castlevania legacy of darkness is the best Castlevania game period!!!

Post by /n64 »

No seriously the story atmosphere exploration new ideas alternate endings relay value you name it.
I don't think that any Castlevania game came ever close on what it tried to do i mean i do love the Castlevania games but a lot of them are a bit minimalistic compared to the scope of LOD.
I mean story and lore wise Castlevania seem to glamorize or be an homage to itself rather than push the series forward like sure SOTN was boundary pushing but you can't just keep doing the same thing over and over again(Gba and Ds games) and now that so many indies games that push the Metroidvania genre forward and just making another Castlevania game that is not above the curve will fall flat against it's competition.
While Cv64 is unfinished (though still good) i guess it tainted Legacy of darkness perception because they got annoyed with Cv64 and downplay LOD
While more and more people start to appreciate this game a lot of them say it's not as good as the others Cv games but if you ask me it's the other way around.

submitted by /u/normbreakingclown
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Nintendo 64 Forum”