Dungeons and Dragons Pinball Start/Credit Button Inoperable

A video game arcade cabinet, also known as a video arcade machine or video coin-op, is the housing within which a video arcade game's hardware resides. Most cabinets designed since the 1990's conform to the JAMMA wiring standard.

/Arcade
Bustin' Moves

Dungeons and Dragons Pinball Start/Credit Button Inoperable

Post by /Arcade »

I've reached the limits of my (limited) diagnostic skills with this one. The start/credit button on my machine refuses to work 98% of the time. On very rare occasions I can get it to start a game. The on-board switch testing agrees that the button does not work. Here's what's been done to the machine thus far to try and correct this problem (and fixed a few other issues in the meantime, so not a total waste):
  • Checked the wiring from that switch to the MPU board connector, it's OK.
  • Cleaned the MPU board connector with deoxit and ensured that it fits snugly on the pins
  • Cleaned the start/credit reed switch contacts
  • Repaired the broken ground strap for the coin door
  • Replaced MPU with a new, replica, board. This was populated with all new chips (ROM, RAM, etc)
  • Replaced opto boards on the trough with new, replica boards (was told the game would not start if these did not function correctly and they'd been poorly repaired before)
Typically, the credit button will either do nothing at all or make the left side score screen go jumbled/flicker. I've also tried jumping the two pins for the credit button directly on the board with no luck. I don't know where to go from here and would be very grateful for any suggestions.

submitted by /u/draycosdrasilova
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Arcade Cabinet Forum”