Mod for a vanilla experience?

[Released: 2019] The PlayStation Classic is a dedicated video game console by Sony Interactive Entertainment that emulates games originally released on its 1994 PlayStation console.

/psxclassic
Corporate

Mod for a vanilla experience?

Post by /psxclassic »

I just got a PS Classic and would like to keep the experience as vanilla as possible while "fixing" all of the weird choices by Sony (PAL games, game omissions), so I've been looking for a mod that keeps things simple and self-contained. No need for additional emulated systems, just a pure PlayStation experience that is like using an unmodified system, just with fixed emulation and better games (added by the user).
I have looked around and have seen that the main options nowadays are AutoBleem, Project Eris and RetroBoot, but I have found it somewhat difficult to find up-to-date information on each. From what I've seen they add way more than what I'm looking for and rely on a USB drive being present at all times.
So therefore I would like to ask directly: is there a mod that allows for the direct modification of the internal storage for settings tweaks and game additions and removals, so that there is no need to have an extra USB drive dangling off the console at all times?
(Of course, I understand that a USB drive will always be needed for the installation of the mod and to add new games. What I hope exists is a way to use the PSC outside those scenarios without a USB drive plugged in.)
I'd be thankful for your insights!

submitted by /u/Twenty-Six_Twelve
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation Classic Forum”