5v 2.4a or ? OTG & 8bitdo wireless question

[Released: 2019] The PlayStation Classic is a dedicated video game console by Sony Interactive Entertainment that emulates games originally released on its 1994 PlayStation console.

/psxclassic
Corporate

5v 2.4a or ? OTG & 8bitdo wireless question

Post by /psxclassic »

Hi all,
My PSclassic was powered through a 5v 2amp (onn brand) power adapter and random 6ft Micro usb (unsure of the cable thickness) new cable is 3 ft and thickness is 22awg.
I ran into an issue a while back when my usb2.0 thumb drive stopped working and eventually corrupted from what I'm guessing was a result of trying out the 8bitdo usb wireless adapter along with the otg cable + 6ft usb micro + 8bitdo thumbstick plugged in the back.
I'm wondering if either not enough power was making it down the 6ft cable or the wireless adapter was interfering with the amount of available amperage from my power supply.
I now have a usb 3.0 thumbdrive and know it will pull about 0.9amps.
Has anyone had success on getting both a usb 3.0 via OTG cable and the 8bitdo wireless adapter to work successfully simultaneously?
I am a bit hesitant on hooking up the wireless adapter again as I know the usb 3.0 will potentially draw 0.9a out of the 2.0 that I have. This leaves me with roughly 1.1a for the console and the wireless adapter.
Would a different power adapter solve the issue perhaps.

submitted by /u/LucarioNinja88
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation Classic Forum”