pi to pi communication over the Internet?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

pi to pi communication over the Internet?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I've got a home automation system (lights, blinds, kettle, Spotify, diy roomba and a load of sensors and switches) with several pico ws and a pi4 which communicate over lan via a locally hosted webpage. However, the apartment I'm moving into soon provides WiFi, and all connected devices are put into their own individual virtual lan for security. This means my pis need to communicate over the Internet not lan. My current solution is literally have them email each other, but the latency is pretty bad, so you can probably tell I'm fresh out of ideas. I've also been potentially thinking about ifttt or some webhook provider, or each pi hosting a bot in an existing chat service. There has to be a more standard solution tho!
(I've asked a similar question in different forums before and the answer they gave was to host a Web page on a cloud computing service but that's way above my networking skill level and I haven't been able to make it work - also it looked really expensive)

submitted by /u/Jools_36
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”