How to figure out the cause of my pi 4 crashing?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

How to figure out the cause of my pi 4 crashing?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Image PI keeps crashing on me too regularly. When I had asked earlier in the Q & A forums I got a response it's mostly due to power. I have tried multiple adapters. I also recently bought a official pi power adapter. No matter what when my pi does a lot of drive reads it seems to crash.

I have a Pi 4 - 8 GB with no over-clocking. Have the OS loaded on a SSD connected to 1 of the USB 3.0 ports. Have the other port connected to a Sata to USB enclosure that houses 4x4 TB drives setup in software raid 5.

The crashes usually happen when I run apps like, syncthing, radarr or sonarr. Whenever there are heave scans going on the PI seems to crash. For the longest time I had disabled all these services and didn't face any issues. Last night I tried to get Syncthing back up and running and since the data has increased a lot since I disabled it had to do a lot of scanning. It's now crashed thrice and the latest crash at least I can see some error in my SSH terminal
Message from syslogd@pi at Aug 15 13:52:06 ... kernel:[ 6240.850718] Internal error: Oops: 9600004f [#1] PREEMPT SMP
Message from syslogd@pi at Aug 15 13:52:06 ... kernel:[ 6241.204860] Code: d65f03c0 cb0803e4 f2400c84 54000080 (a9001d07) client_loop: send disconnect: Connection reset
[process exited with code 255 (0x000000ff)] ​
My question is: How can I track/log what could be causing the crash? I'm not a pro in *nix
https://preview.redd.it/oo7h96f2huh91.p ... p&9b76c5f3

submitted by /u/schizovivek
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”