Raspberry Pi 4 boot up issue

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Raspberry Pi 4 boot up issue

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I commented about this in the thread earlier but never got a reply, so I’m making a post. I have a raspberry pi 4 that I’m trying to get set up for an initial boot and I’m encountering trouble. I don’t have much experience with pi’s so I’m hoping this is a simple fix. I have a RP4 as I said, I’m using a 32 gb microsd, the power supply came with a raspberry pi case I bought, and I’m connecting it to my tv with a standard hdmi and adapter. I followed tutorials and downloaded the imager, formatted my (brand new) micro sd card, and installed the 32 bit OS onto the card. I’ve done this twice now. I know the pi is detecting my SD card because the green led behaves differently depending on if I have it plugged in or not. When there’s no card in, it goes to the green screen, so I know there’s no problem with the display setup. When I put in the card, I get one sort of kind of “flashâ€￾ or blink, then the light flickers sporadically as if the light is about to go out, then the light pretty much stops. This happens in about about 15 seconds, and after that, if I squint and look super close, I can see a tiny speck of green light flashing about every second. I’ve waited 20+ minutes and I never get any sort of display popping up or anything. I’m not sure what else to do. I had an unrelated brief power blink occur roughly when I began a boot up attempt after formatting the card, so that’s the only idea I have left to try is just reformat it again. I would try NOOBS, but the links I’ve tried just take me back to the imager download page. I’m stuck at the moment, if you need any more info let me know, please help if you can, thanks!

submitted by /u/Flame_008
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”