Need help with errors while installing certain packages

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Need help with errors while installing certain packages

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hello, I am coming across errors while installing calibre using apt on a Raspberry Pi4 (32-bit Raspberry Pi OS installed using Raspberry Pi Imager). I don't think I have come across this before. It looks related to versioning issues. Can someone help me explain what's happening and how can i fix it?
pi4@raspberrypi4:~ $ sudo apt install calibre Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: calibre : Depends: calibre-bin (>= 5.12.0+dfsg-1+deb11u1) but it is not installable Depends: python3-pyqt5.qtwebengine (>= 5.12.1-4+b1) but it is not installable E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. I don't get these errors while performing sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade.

submitted by /u/fredflintstone88
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”