320x240 2.4" display works at default settings, but not at correct resolution?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

320x240 2.4" display works at default settings, but not at correct resolution?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Wiki Link: https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/2.4inch_LCD_Module
I am using a waveshare 2.4" LCD with my Pi3 Model B (would put it on one of my CM4s but the waveshare provided libraries only work with 32-bit).
After installing their drivers I was able to run fbcp manually and add it to start up to manually start the LCD, however it started in 720x480 resolution and unevenly scaled + has black borders as a result.
If I change the framebuffer setting to 640x480 (waveshare's recommended resolution) the display comes up with a large black border on all sides.
If I use waveshare's recommended CVT settings (/boot/config.txt as listed in the wiki above + many other attempted combinations) the display comes up as a black screen with a corrupted mouse cursor, that never moves even when I'm in VNC.
During boot I can see the full display turn white, much more than the black borders are cutting off from the image, so im sure it's not being scaled properly due to not using CVT settings or some other issue.
I have researched quite a bit, but have found no direct setup guides for this LCD aside from Waveshare's own documentation. I've seen a few threads discussing changing the display geometry in fbcp to accommodate certain LCDs but after researching my display controller and digging in to the source files it seems it's properly represented in the associated .h file.
Any thoughts on what I could try here? Anyone have one of these displays working on the latest raspbian 32-bit (or even better, 64-bit)?

submitted by /u/Rindeil
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”