RPi-0, 2 W: Issues with 0.96in OLED Display.

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

RPi-0, 2 W: Issues with 0.96in OLED Display.

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I bought this display to show me things like the IP and CPU metrics but I can't seem to get it to work. I have no clue where the issue is at this point but here is what I've got so far.
The wiring is correct, with the right voltage (3.3v recommended and currently used but 5v is ok and I verified it with the datasheet)
I have installed the correct dependencies and software (wiringpi and the driver)
Verified I2C is on in the raspi-config menu.
When I run the command to detect I2C I get a blank table and it doesn't find it. My fix to this was to check the mode of the GPIO, which should be in ALT0 mode for both output pins. The SDA was in ALT0 but the SCL was in "IN". So I corrected the mode.
After the mode change now when I run the command to detect I2C it will flash the blank table of registers then **** off like ots shorted but I cannot find the short.
I'm running bullseye on it with 64-bit enabled.
Any advice would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/517k-resistor
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”