Is a SSD a "must" upgrade or more a nice to?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Is a SSD a "must" upgrade or more a nice to?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hi have just bougt a RP4 and want to use it with an apache webserver, and home assistant ( in an envelope) so I can still use the PI OS. Everything on a generic 32gb sd.
Many of the tutorials specifically mentioned disabling journaling and remove unnecessary services etc. All with the purpose to reduce wear on the SD card.
So it would seem an ssd is the logical and stable choice, but I really dont want an external SSD as it increase the power consumption significantly, and might even need external power. - it not really a money issue, more a I hate waste kind of thing. So I dont want the SDD unless it is really needed, but I dont want to the hassle with lost data and replace the SD card but I dont have a feeling for how often they fail - but the www makes it seems like they fail all the time.

submitted by /u/NicoTikoMiko
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”