How do I change the Boot Order on a RP 4?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

How do I change the Boot Order on a RP 4?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hello, I currently have a RP 4 set up to boot from an SSD over USB using a Geekworm Raspberry Pi 4 mSATA SSD Adapter.
Last night I though the SSD adapter had stopped working, but turns out I was just using the wrong PSU.
As a result I tried to run the PI on an SD card and flashed the latest Buster OS to an SD card but couldn't get it to connect or output HDMI.
This morning I realised I was using the wrong Supply and powered it up without the SSD attached still and got this screen
Imgur
And noticed I would not boot from the SD card and would only boot from the SSD.
I guess this would be a big problem if my SSD had stopped working. So was wondering how I could change priority so it will look for a SD card and if non is in the PI will boot from the SSD over USB?
Here is my current epprom Boot settings:
pi@pi-server:~ $ sudo rpi-eeprom-config [all] BOOT_UART=0 WAKE_ON_GPIO=1 POWER_OFF_ON_HALT=0 [all] BOOT_ORDER=0xf14
submitted by /u/icecreamterror
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”