Having trouble connecting to internet via wifi on Raspberry Pi 4B running Raspberry Pi OS Lite

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Having trouble connecting to internet via wifi on Raspberry Pi 4B running Raspberry Pi OS Lite

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hello,
As the title says, I cannot get a consistent connection the internet over wifi with my Raspberry Pi. I have tried with ethernet and it seems to work fine, but otherwise, when I ping a website, I usually get "ping: google.com: Temporary failure in name resolution". I have seen people report this as a DNS issue and changed the contents of /etc/resolv.conf to google's DNS addresses of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. No change, which there shouldn't be because if I just type the IP itself, it says "ping: connect: Network is unreachable". I also tried reinstalling with both balena etcher and raspberry pi imager, using their respective methods to add a network, same issue. Restarted router, obviously. Tried reconnecting to the network via sudo raspi-config and usually that does nothing. One time though, I did manage to start pinging google. I restarted it and it stopped working again though. Even after replicating what I did, it still will not connect. Used sudo systemctl status systemd-resolved.service, and the resolver reports as active. Cant really check to see if it's a firewall issue because netstat gives me a flood of information I cannot page up through, likely because the functionality was removed for some reason? https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=296695
Is there a chance something is broken on my device or is such a mundane task supposed to be a nightmare? Any help appreciated!

submitted by /u/Jack-Kennedy
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”