8bitdo Adapter 2 and Autobleem/Retroarch Input mode compatibility

[Released: 2019] The PlayStation Classic is a dedicated video game console by Sony Interactive Entertainment that emulates games originally released on its 1994 PlayStation console.

/psxclassic
Corporate

8bitdo Adapter 2 and Autobleem/Retroarch Input mode compatibility

Post by /psxclassic »

I looked through a lot of different threads but haven‘t found my specific problem, so apologies if I missed an earlier thread about this. When trying to use my DualShock4 with the 8bitdo Adapter 2 under Autobleem/Retroarch I run into some difficulties:
When booting up the console/autobleem the controller only gets recognized when using the ps classic input setting on the adapter (share button + down button). Now, when I boot up Retroarch, it recognizes the DS4 as a PlayStation classic controller in port #0, but most of the time I can’t navigate through RetroArch at all in this input mode and switching to xinput (share button + up) only works if I reset the Adapter afterwards (holding down the sync button on the adapter until it stops blinking, then resync the DS4 to the adapter). If I do this, RetroArch will recognize the controller as a 360 one in port #0 and I can finally use both analog sticks and the vibration feature in games but have to repeat the whole process every time I turn on the console.
Does anyone have a solution for this? In most guides I read, switching between the adapters input modes seemed like a smooth process. Is this due to the adapter 2 I bought? Or is it more of a problem with RetroArch itself?
Thanks in advance for any help and I‘ll do my best to provide you any necessary additional information :)

submitted by /u/Hige_Daimyo
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation Classic Forum”