HuCard issue ?

The HuCard is a ROM cartridge in the form of a card, designed for NEC's PC-Engine and PC Engine SuperGrafx video game consoles, which premiered in 1987 and 1989, respectively. In the United States, where marketed as the TurboGrafx-16, the HuCard is alternately called the TurboChip.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

HuCard issue ?

Post by /turboG16 »

I just received my Duo-RX, so I tested it for the first time. Knowing anything about it, and since the menus are in japanese, I have a few questions :
1 - When I turn it ON without HuCard or CD inside, I am on a "PC Engine Super Cd-Rom2 SYSTEM ver. 3.00 Push Run Button! " screen. Is this normal ? I specify the picture here is perfect.
2 - When I turn ON the Duo-RX with a HuCard inside (PC-Kid 2 jap), the game didn’t start (black or white screen). Finally, on the sixth attempt, the game started, but the picture was slightly crooked at the top. The sound and the rest of the picture are alright. Is this a problem with the connectors on the HuCard that need to be cleaned ?
3 - When I press the « Select » button on the controller, I have access to the « Backup Ram » menu, and the first option is called « Backup Ram Delete » and the second « Backup Ram format », « Yes or No ». Guess this is normal, but what is it for ?
I specify the Duo-RX is modded RGB THS7374, it has been completely revised, and full recaped.
Thanks for your help ?

submitted by /u/RetroNoob54
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “TurboChip/HuCard Forum”