I have a couple of questions after messing up one of my Playstation Classics.

[Released: 2019] The PlayStation Classic is a dedicated video game console by Sony Interactive Entertainment that emulates games originally released on its 1994 PlayStation console.

/psxclassic
Corporate

I have a couple of questions after messing up one of my Playstation Classics.

Post by /psxclassic »

So evidently the USB port is fried after I used a power adapter that had some sort of boost charge on it. It gets really hot around the power button. I had it fully modded, and ready to go. Just used the wrong power supply, because the one I was using wasn't enough to run the USB stick also.
Anyways. I'm going to try again, and want to make sure everything is going to work. I ordered one of these and plan to plug a powered USB HDD into it.
And also something that I'm not sure is related, but it happened at the same time. I was using a PS4 controller though the 8Bitdo dongle. The PS4 controller just stopped coming on, not charging. And I just realized as I'm tying this, maybe it was the same power supply that messed up the classic. Was going to order a new battery for it, but now I don't know if that will fix it. Dongle still works though.
Edit: Is there any indicator on the power bricks to which ones do this?

submitted by /u/auron373
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation Classic Forum”