Need help modding SNES Classics w/ multiple issues!

[Released: 2017] A successor to the NES Classic Edition, this remake comes with twenty-one Super NES titles pre-installed, including the official release of Star Fox 2.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

Need help modding SNES Classics w/ multiple issues!

Post by /classicSNESmini »

I tried posting this to the r/RockinTheClassics a week ago but for some reason, the mods haven't yet approved my post. So it's going here... I hope someone will be able to help me!
Please forgive me for I am not tech-savvy. I'm a middle-aged woman who just wants to play her games! Long story short: BIL gave me his NES Classic a few weeks ago. I downloaded Hakchi2 CE v3.9.1. Uploaded games. Had a blast. Easy Peasy. Liked it so much, I ordered a supposed NIB Snes Classic from eBay. I don't know if the seller used it, but it looks pretty brand new because it came still with its ties and sleeves.
Here is my list of issues and some facts:

1. When I turn on the mini, the light turns on immediately, but it takes approx. 20 seconds for it to show up on the screen. Is this normal? Can I fix this? I tried using different HDMI cords and slots, but all the same. I saw some people complaining about input delays with their controllers, but my controllers are responsive so I don't know.
  2. I tried to flash the kernel using Hakchi, but it won't even register and I get stuck with staring at that box of instructions with nothing happening. I hold the restart button down for the whole 20 second-ish delay and still nothing.
  3. When I plug the mini into my laptop, I don't even get a prompt to download any drivers.
  4. I downloaded Zadig following the instructions from https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmods/comments/98rarp/snes_mini_drivers/e4ibg6c/?context=0 and it didn't even register anything. I don't even have access to the dropbox to select an "unknown device." What am I doing wrong?
  5. I took the advice of other threads and tried using other cables than the ones provided and that didn't work either.
  6. Remember, I am not very savvy when it comes to these things so I don't know what "becoming an administrator" or VPNs or RNDIS or FEL mode means so I don't even know where to start with all that!
  7. I have Windows 10... still.
Will someone please take pity on this poor, frustrated soul...?

submitted by /u/YeloNinjaN00dlz
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “SNES Classic Edition Forum”